Digital Marketing Questions & Answers 2020
As said by Eugene Ionesco ~ “It is not the Answer that enlightens, but the Question.”
During my research to understand, what are the “commonly asked Digital Marketing questions” searched by many individuals, I could find this list of queries that are often looked for answers. Here in this blog, I’ve tried to answer 30+ most digital marketing questions for your knowledge & information;
- How to get clients for digital marketing?
- How to start a career in digital marketing?
- What is a digital marketing course all about?
- What is SMM in digital marketing?
- What is ORM in digital marketing?
- What is CPM in digital marketing?
- What is CTR in digital marketing?
- What is SMO in digital marketing?
- What is CPC in digital marketing?
- How to become a digital marketer?
- what does a digital marketer do?
- What is PPC in digital marketing?
- What is the ROI in digital marketing?
- What is digital marketing in Hindi?
- What is an impression in digital marketing?
- What is sem in digital marketing?
- How to earn money from digital marketing?
- What is meant by digital marketing? or What do you mean by digital marketing? or What is the meaning of digital marketing?
- How to become a digital marketing expert?
- What is SEO in digital marketing?
- What is lead generation in digital marketing?
- What is a digital marketing campaign?
- How to create a digital marketing strategy?
- How to start a digital marketing agency? or How to start a digital marketing company?
- Why digital marketing is important for business?
- Is digital marketing a good career?
- How to learn digital marketing at home?
- How to start a digital marketing business in India? or How to start a digital marketing business?
- How to learn digital marketing for free?
- How to learn digital marketing online?
- How to get a job in digital marketing?
Here’s the answer to every Digital Marketing questions list above;
How to get Clients for digital marketing?
- You can bag new clients through your website by doing strong SEO, PPC & SMM advertisement to rank for targeted keywords in Google & get displayed with your ads on Social Media platforms. Good to be more active on LinkedIn, Quora & Networking groups platform, where you can get connected with right Clients who might be interested in your service. You can do strong Email Marketing campaigns. Lead generation is a good way to clinch new Clients for your business. You can also create a freelance account at www.Upwork.com & Freelancer.com to bid & bag new Clients.
How to start a career in digital marketing?
- 5 paths to start a career in digital marketing; Either refer to the online blogs or video on digital marketing learning. Or take up an online digital marketing training. Or join a classroom digital marketing course. Or join as a digital marketing intern or trainee in a start-up or agency. Or attend digital marketing workshop events or webinar. Or just get a free blog site for yourself either on blogger.com or wordpress.com or tumblr.com and start optimizing to drive traffic. Pre-requisite skills to enter into digital marketing requires good English communication skills (both written & verbal).
What is a digital marketing course all about?
- You can refer to this link; What is a digital marketing course to know the in-depth understanding of digital marketing courses.
What is SMM in digital marketing?
- SMM stands for Social Media Marketing. It’s an online marketing method where you use social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, & others to engage or share your content in order to create brand exposure.
What is ORM in digital marketing?
- ORM stands for Online Reputation Management. Decades ago, brands used to have a dedicated team, who used to moderate or manage any positive & negative comments or talks for the brands. They used to manage the brand reputation online by managing the reviews. Today, it’s more supported through social media channels to moderate the brand reputation.
What is CPM in digital marketing?
- CPM stands for Cost Per 1000 Impression. It’s a performance metric in Google Ads that defines the amount an advertiser would pay for every 1000 impressions acquired for their ads through Google promotions. For e.g., if Google charges INR 2 CPM, it means you have to pay Rs. 2 for every 1000 impressions.
What is CTR in digital marketing?
- CTR is the abbreviation for Click-thru-Rate, and a formula for (Clicks/Impression)*100 and specified in %. It’s again a very important metric in the Digital Marketing Industry that calculates the % of people who saw your ads than, the no. of people who clicked the ads. For e.g., if your impression is 100, and clicks are 10, then CTR would be; =(10/100)*100% => 10%. It’s a metric that defines the success rate of your digital marketing campaigns, since if CTR is less that means, less no. of clicks and no business, and the CTR is good or high, then it means more impression, more clicks, and lots of engagement, traffic, and revenue.
What is SMO in digital marketing?
- SMO is the abbreviation for Social Media Optimization. It’s a marketing method to help optimize your Brand’s Social Media accounts to drive online business on social media platforms. The difference between SMM & SMO is; SMM is about advertising your brand on Social Media Platforms whereas SMO is about optimizing your social media account for better engagement, reach & conversions.
What is CPC in digital marketing?
- CPC is the abbreviation for Cost Per Click. It’s again an important metric in Google AdWords PPC that defines the amount paid to the publisher for every ad clicked for pay per click campaigns. The formula says, CPC = Cost / Click and is denoted in currency. For e.g., if total clicks are 10, and your total cost is 100, then the cost per click is = 100/10 => 10 which means for every click you paid Rs. 10.
How to become a digital marketer?
- Refer to online videos or blogs to learn digital marketing. Join online or offline classes, if you want to take the guidance of a mentor in the journey of your learning process. Attend workshops or networking events. Join groups or communities to learn from the discussion. Or join as an intern in some company to work for free and learn in a few month’s spans. After following all these procedures, you’re good as a digital marketer, but make sure, in your work too; you’re very strong in keyword research & selection with adcopy writing and know the techniques to position your ads strategically for different keywords to become a good digital marketer.
what does a digital marketer do?
- Digital Marketer basically works on Client’s objective of either generating traffic or conversion with strategic implementation of SEO, PPC, SMM, Email Campaigns & Affiliate campaigns while referring, analyzing and interpreting data from Google Analytics or other essential sources
What is PPC in digital marketing?
- PPC stands for Pay Per Click, which means you only Pay when online users click your ads. It’s mainly related to Google AdWords.
What is the ROI in digital marketing?
- ROI stands for Return on Investment. The formula for calculating ROI is; Total Revenue/Total Cost * 100
What is digital marketing in Hindi?
- Digital Marketing in Hindi means डिजिटल मार्केटिंग ट्रैफ़िक या ROI> ड्राइव करने के लिए ऑनलाइन माध्यम पर विभिन्न मार्केटिंग मॉडल की मदद से किसी भी व्यावसायिक उत्पादों या सेवाओं का विज्ञापन करना
What is an impression in digital marketing?
- Impressions is a performance metric in digital marketing to help identify how many times your ads were visible to an online user on given marketing platforms, whether it’s Google, YouTube, Facebook, Quora or any other.
What is sem in digital marketing?
- SEM is the abbreviation for Search Engine Marketing which relates to marketing on Search Engines through SEO or PPC model. It’s mainly advertising a business online on the Search Engine platform such as Google, Bing, Yahoo, DuckDuckgo and others.
How to earn money from digital marketing?
- The most simple technique is by registering your website or blog with Google AdSense; works on Click based pay model. You can also integrate your YouTube channel with Google AdSense for monetization. Or Join Affiliate Network to be paid on a commission basis when your website encourages clicks to banners of different advertisers placed on your website. You can also get into Dropshipping. You can also create online courses, videos or ebooks and sell at a discounted price and earn money online through Digital Marketing promotions.
What is meant by digital marketing? or what do you mean by digital marketing? or What is the meaning of digital marketing?
- Digital Marketing is marketing or advertising your online business services or products through different digital mediums on online marketing platforms to drive engagement or traffic or sales. In order to do so, you would majorly depend upon; SEO, PPC, SMM, Email Marketing, Affiliate Marketing & Video Marketing concept.
How to become a digital marketing expert?
- From my experience, to be a good digital marketer in SEO & PPC implementation, you have to very good in Keyword Research & AdCopy writing. When it comes to SMM, it’s your creative & content skillset around the business concept, and for Email Marketing, you should be able to create a customer retention plan with proper auto-responder strategy. Overall, having a good basic, to intermediate, to advance level understanding with strategic implementation and good with analytics tool is very important.
What is SEO in digital marketing?
- SEO is the abbreviation for Search Engine Optimization. It’s one-of-the-marketing model in Digital Marketing that helps you to increase quality traffic & conversion for your website through different search engine optimization techniques to rank at the top of Google or Bing organic results.
What is lead generation in digital marketing?
- Lead generation means generating enquiries for your Clients Business, and charge commission for each leads enquiries.
What is a digital marketing campaign?
- Digital Marketing campaigns can be related to your Google AdWords PPC campaigns, or Social media Campaigns, or Email Campaigns or Display Campaigns mainly. In all these mediums, you have to arrange the whole set-up before taking live by either adding a marketing budget or running on a free budget for a given trial period or under certain restrictions. But then you can always invest budget and go for a PRO version to run your campaigns.
How to create a digital marketing strategy?
- Keep all your focus on the goals & objectives, and then plan out a strategy that could help you achieve the targets around the given dedicated budget and timeline. And very important, a very systematic process approach of what exactly to be implemented or executed on a daily/weekly/monthly basis should be defined and followed religiously while tracking & measuring daily progress to achieve the deliverables.
How to start a digital marketing agency? or How to start a digital marketing company?
Why digital marketing is important for business?
- Digital Marketing is important for following major reasons; Highly targeting options to connect with the right audience while best utilizing your marketing budget, higher reach domestic & international from a given location. Cost-effective too. As the whole consumer is active online on laptop/mobile through the internet, it becomes very essentials to include digital marketing to do business online to reach your target audience. And very important you can track & measure every activity of your website, of your customer, of your digital marketing implementations to analyze what works or don’t?
Is digital marketing a good career?
- Yes, digital marketing is the need & future of the market. With users going active on the mobile phone with the internet and with the usage of online increasing day by day; Digital Marketing has got a big scope for every individual.
How to learn digital marketing at home?
- You can learn digital marketing at home by referring to digital marketing learning videos on YouTube or reading digital marketing blogs, and then practising the same either on your free blog site or website because the implementation is very important to give you strong confidence to learn digital marketing quickly. You can also buy courses on Udemy, Coursera or refer eMarket Education Digital Marketing Training Videos to learn while sitting back at your home.
How to start a digital marketing business in India? or How to start a digital marketing business?
- Create a website. Create social media profiles with YouTube. Start doing digital marketing promotions for your website so that you can rank for targeted keywords in Google, which is the major source of your business along with Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and quora promotions.
How to learn digital marketing for free?
- You can learn digital marketing for free by referring digital marketing learning videos on YouTube or reading digital marketing blogs, and then practising the same either on your free blog site or website because the implementation is very important to give you strong confidence to learn digital marketing quickly. Attend free webinars, workshops and network with like-minded digital marketers to learn from them.
How to learn digital marketing online?
- You can learn digital marketing online by referring YouTube for online digital marketing learning videos or reading digital marketing blogs for beginners or dummies, or attending online webinars. You can also take up Digital Marketing Course Online; for more info, click the link.
How to get a job in digital marketing?
- Be clear about the job you’re looking for; Is it in SEO, PPC, SMM or Email Marketing? Make sure your resume clearly highlights the topics you’re very good at w.r.t your specialization, your skillsets, and the websites or projects you have worked on and the deliverables you achieved for those clients. Be confident on the different metrics, formulas, latest updates in the industry, different algorithms, and very very important, the clarity of speech to express your work experience in the interview rounds. Make sure you’re quite confident in Google Analytics, Google Search Console & SEMRush.