“Digital Marketing Learning”
What exactly should be covered in a Digital Marketing Course?” Let’s find it out;
Let’s first understand the definition of, “What is Digital Marketing?“
As per Wikipedia, Digital marketing is the marketing of products or services using digital technologies on the Internet, through Mobile Phone Apps, Display Advertising, and any other digital mediums.
Next, to our discussion, “How Digital Marketing Works?”
Digital Marketing works by integrating Digital Channels and their Techniques to attract target audiences at their involved & engaging platforms like Google, YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, etc., and then convert them to desired prospects.
Now a big question for most Young Minds, “Why Digital Marketing?”
Ronan Mason, Head of School at The Left Bank, says the figures show digital marketing is maturing. “Five years ago, some companies saw there were wins to be had by being good at digital,” he says. “But now every business must have digital marketing capability. They need digital skill-sets, and an ongoing digital marketing strategy that is constantly being optimised.”
Few more details for references;
As per Bruce Anderson (from LinkedIn Learning), the Most In-Demand Hard and Soft Skills of 2020:
As per upGrad, added below the Digital Marketing Salary range in India screenshot for reference.
Now, let’s go one-by-one with all important points for, “What exactly should you learn, proficient & be guided in a Course of Digital Marketing?” while taking up as a career course for you all beginners, jobseekers, working professionals, startups, freelancers and others;
- What specialization to learn mandatory as part of the Digital Marketing Course? (Perfect Course Curriculum 2020)
- What’s the right course duration for completing the Digital Marketing Course successfully?
- What are the pre-requisite skills required to understand, perform & bag a job after the Digital Marketing Training?
- What are the important topic content around each specialization subjects to thoroughly understand & be able to implement by end of course for 100% job success
- What exposure should a Digital Marketing Live Project have, for successful job placements?
- What all Digital Marketing Certifications to be cleared by the end of the course or within a month after course completion?
- What all Digital Marketing tools, you all students need to be proficient with?
- How much of coding knowledge required?
- Key Points to Remember
Let’s understand the above points one-by-one;
What specialization to learn mandatory as part of the Online Marketing Course?
You should be definitely taught good in theory & practical aspects of the following subjects by any authentic digital marketing training institute:
- Creation of Website with WordPress CMS
- Integrate Google Analytics & Google Search Console, & today Google Tag Manager
Note: Don’t get lured, when said 30-40 Modules, 20-30 Tools & so on… the above are the most important ones
What’s the right course duration for completing the Course successfully?
Based on 10 Years’s of trainer’s teaching experience, eMarket Education defines 3 Months as the right timeline for completing a successful theory & practical training with live project work around the given 7 specializations subject to an extent where you can speak, demonstrate, perform with minimal dependency and prove like a trainee analyst confident enough to be rewarded a 15K per month payscale, and not being called a “Fresher still.
Note: To Institutes providing 45 days/2 months course duration, please clarify, how extensively all the 7 subjects theory & practical with live project work be covered, so that you don’t get into low understanding, any performance lack or job challenges later.
Pre-requisite skills required to understand, perform & bag a job after the Training?
You will stand strong with an add-on quality to your course performance, job profile acceptance and preference by companies, if already good in the following skills;
- English (both written & verbal)
- MS-Office majorly MS-Excel (Shortcuts, Formulas, Vlookup & Pivot Table)
- Typing Speed (min 35 Words per Min to give speed to your work completion)
- Internet Savvy
- Good with Reasoning Skills; Being good in Analytics thinking
- Designing Knowledge (Photoshop, CorelDraw or Illustrator)
- Development Knowledge (HTML, CSS, JS)
: If you are having minimal or no knowledge in any of the above points, no problem; please make sure you are passionate and ready to dedicate and put effort to learn, revise and practice that’s taught on a daily basis.
Important topic content around each specialization subjects to thoroughly understand & be able to implement by end of course for 100% job success?
Here’s the topic content that every beginner should learn, understand and remember to be declared as a “Successful Course Completion Candidate is: (remember Content Marketing is common to all subjects)
In SEO training, must learn are:
- Website Analysis & Audit
- Competitor Analysis
- Keyword Research
- Content Strategy
- On-page Optimization
- Blog Strategy
- Create, Add & Edit in WordPress CMS Admin Panel
- Off-page Optimization or Linkbuilding
- Google Local Listing Strategy
- SEO Metrics
- Google Search Console
- Google Analytics
- SEMRush & ScreamingFrog & Moz Tool
In PPC Google Adwords Course, must learn are;
- PPC Website Analysis & Competitive Analysis
- PPC Campaign Structuring
- PPC Keyword Research
- PPC Ad-copy Writing
- Quality Score
- Google Ads Account Set-up
- Tracking Code Implementations
- Different Campaign Network Creation
- Major focus on Search, Display, Video & Remarketing
- For eCom Clients PPC Interview; Shopping Ads, Remarketing & Dynamic Search Ads
- PPC Metrics
- Google AdWords Editor
- Google Analytics Training
- Important Google Certifications
In Social Media Marketing training, you should be confident in;
- SMM Platforms
- How SMM works?
- Create Pages with Facebook; Profile with Instagram
- How to create, design & strategize posts across social media platforms
- Important & Plans for Social Media Calendars
- How to save time with 3rd Party SMM tools like Hootsuite or Buffer or BuzzSumo
- Different objectives of Social Media Advertisements
- How to set up campaigns & run ads on different social platforms
- Important Metrics & Reporting templates for Clients
- Social Media Analytics with Google Analytics
In Video Marketing, you should be taught;
- How to run Ads in YouTube
- How to do YouTube Video SEO for increasing engagement & thus subscribers
- Video Editing Tools
In Email Marketing Module, you should be at least thorough with;
- Ways of generating an Email list
- Campaign strategies, design & frequency of Email Marketing
- Best Practices for Email Marketing Success
- Important Email Marketing Metrics
In Affiliate Marketing Class, you should at least know to implement;
- Types of Affiliate Marketing
- What is Google AdSense
- How to implement Google AdSense for your Blog or Website
- And how to become Affiliate Partner & earn money from Amazon, Flipkart & Others…
For Amazon Ads, it’s good to know;
- How is Amazon Ads different from other PPC platforms
- How to plan, create & run Amazon Ads?
- How did bidding work in Amazon Ads?
- How to perform with Amazon Ads
Then you should be taken through Google Tag Manager, Google Analytics Interface, SEMRush, Moz Link Analysis tool & few other mentioned in my above list
Note: Major topics from a beginner aspects to proficient so that you meet decent expectations of a companies job recruitment is; Good understanding of Client’s Business for doing good Keyword Research & AdCopy Writing, Good in Keyword Research, Good in Ad copy Creation either for SEO or PPC, Running successful Search, Display & Remarketing Campaigns in PPC or executing On-page SEO implementation successfully, Reporting & Suggest ideas for delivering performance. Good to edit & do changes in WordPress Backend & Also being decent enough to understand and take ideas from Google Analytics.
What exposure should a Digital Marketing Live Project have, for successful job placements?
With real-time Live Project, a training institute meant to guide & evaluate the student’s understanding, implementations & confidence to deliver results for a Website around the defined Goal Objective & Target numbers. The same work they describe in their resume to create confidence in mind of the interviewee that they have worked independently around a set of target goals executed the following implementations on their own and delivered results, which pretty way will give confidence to companies too that these students stand as an ‘Analyst’ and not a ‘Fresher’ anymore.
Note: In your resume, define step by step of the client’s business details, goals stated, execution carried out and the end results purely out of your performance with knowledge of current trends, updates, and latest algorithms.
What all Digital Marketing Certifications to be cleared by the end of the course or within a month after course completion?
Major certifications that any digital marketing training institute would focus on their training program are;
- Google Ads Certifications (Free)
- Hubspot Inbound Marketing Certifications (Free)
- Add on – Google Analytics Certification (Free)
- Facebook Blueprint Certification – (Paid)
Note: this certification examination prepares you for passing job interviews. It’s important to complete these certifications to stand confident in front of the interviewee since corporate would more like to understand your fundamental knowledge rather than knowing, how good you’re with advanced topics.
What all Digital Marketing tools, you all students need to be proficient with?
Don’t get into the gimmicks & talks of someone teaching you 20-30 tools. Understand you’re just a beginner in the digital marketing industry, and no one can & should expect from you to perform like 3-4-5 years, digital marketing professionals. The major ones that a digital marketing student or beginner should be taught by an institute are following’s;
- Internal Tools;
- Google Keyword Planner Tool
- Google AdWords Editor
- Google Search Console
- Google Analytics
- Google Tag Manager
- Google Data Studio
- External Tools;
- Moz Link Analysis Tool
- Keyword Everywhere
- Neil Patel Tool
Note: There are plenty, and every individual might come across many new out of their research and day-to-day work, but as a beginner of the course completion, I’d always prefer you being very thorough first with the above tool lists.
How much of coding knowledge required?
It’s the job of the trainer to make the complex things simpler. So, whatever little HTML coding required or WordPress backend implementation needed, the faculty should be able to demonstrate clearly & confidently to you so that you find it very easy than being worried.
Note: You can easily learn a decent HTML implementation from this website; WordtoHtml (Turn Your Text Into Perfect HTML Instantly)
Key Points to Remember:
- There is no 20-30 modules nor 10-20 tools or 10-15 certifications; Min there are 4 subjects very very important to learn; SEO, PPC, SMM & Email Marketing
- The job expectation from an Agency, In-house to Startups would vary; Major building blocks and performance expectations from a student should be around the topic of website analysis, keyword research, ad copywriting, and campaign creations and analytics interpretations.
- Make sure, you are taught well to work confidently on Google Keyword Planner Tool
- Google Analytics knowledge & understanding is very important to be referred to as “Digital Marketing Graduate”
- Min Google certification to pass are; Google Search, Google Display, Google Video Certification & Hubspot Inbound Marketing certification
- Your training program should build confidence towards “subject clarity of speech” in front of the interviewee
- Your theory & practical class session combined with good no. of hours of real-time project work
- Confident in strategizing, planning and implementing in Live Project work for interview success
- Thorough in basics and latest trends & updates of digital marketing
- Practicing to perform on advance topics like link building in SEO or Shopping & Audience targeting in Google Ads or SMM Ads will be majorly expected from certain StartUps because they would like to hire a student completing the digital marketing course by paying a low salary, and expecting them to implement basics to advance stuff
At last, remember this; it’s a course whose implementation stands as a major revenue source for any business being driving online; so learning this course around the core specialization of SEO, PPC, SMM, and email in just 45 days to 2 months with the theoretical understand, and being able to do practical implementation on live project is not appropriate, and this improper knowledge, lack of practice or minimal exercising on live project wouldn’t help you crack digital marketing jobs that will pay you well. So many times, after completing the course, you’re more preferred for an internship than to full time.
To be clear, logical and informative on, what’s gonna covered in the syllabus, duration, faculty experience, live project work samples and % of students who passed the digital marketing certification exam and companies list, profile selected and pay scale of student alumni.
Reason for coming up with this blog is to aware the students who are planning for a career in Digital Marketing Course without being clear with the basic information of, what the actual course content is, right duration, and best training preparation be, for a successful digital marketing job after the course completion.