Reader, it becomes mandatory for any PPC specialist to act proactively during situational cases, which happens occasionally. Campaign management is the birth right of every SEM/PPC specialist and there are conditions where external factor or changes does impact your campaign equally as internal does, and a PPC person has to react faster than the normal way.
I’m listing out few such conditions or situations for your knowledge for better PPC ROI;
- In case of Travel related campaign;
- Pause those destination specific campaigns, which encountered earthquake, terrorist attack, plane crash, or any sort of natural calamity or human disaster to avoid unwanted clicks.
- Add the above terms as negative in your campaign negative list at campaign/adgroup level based on your campaign strategy.
- In case of E-Commerce related sites;
- In case of Adwords/AdCenter Maintenance;
- Schedule your ad serving timing with required percentage during those times using Ad Scheduling feature, since you won’t be able to make any changes during the respective maintenance timing respectively.
A little proactive at the right time will save you huge bucks of unwanted cost in PPC. I would be happy to hear other situational grounds that can help PPC externally.